October 31, 2012

Bash#217 Kg. Gerachi Jaya, off Kuala Kubu Bharu

I've been off the bike for 4 months and that's a long time in MTB world. Riding with hardcore bash rider, Uncle Jo. The trip took about 1hr 15mins from Kuala Lumpur. Arrived just in time for briefing. Registered and briefed, on on!

First, the warm up ride was up a really long steep road kinda reminiscing of Bukit Kiara. I thought if I start pushing here, where quite a number of riders did, its better for me to take the short ride if I want to live to see another bash. Simply because the pre-ride description said that this bash is going to be a hilly and steep terrain, and they didn't lie. Survived the warm up climb without pushing and was rewarded with a breathtaking view of the Sungai Selangor Dam.

The trail started here. Descended into a fast switch back downhill. All fun fun fun, then came the first major hill. Here, I pushed my bike about 3/4 of the way. After 1 hour of hard pushing, finally reached the top and descended to an Orang Asli settlement in Kg. Gerachi Jaya. 

Here, the short and long rides parted ways. Had a slight contemplation to take the short ride, but since I was still feeling strong, so the long ride would be the obvious insane choice.

Reached the second hill where a hasher was on standby. He said that you can choose to go up the hill or down. Without thinking I went down and enjoyed the fast and sketchy gravel road. 

All I can remember after that sweet downhill was a single track leading towards Kg. Kolam Air. Let me sum up the journey; ride, climb, push, several small river crossing, climb, a really steep downhill, more climbs, starting to feel cramps on my thigh, one red bull and 1hr 30mins later, I was out into KKB housing area and rode back to the bash site.

Total ride was about 3hr 30mins. Thank you to the lady rider who gave me some electrolyte caps and the guy rider who helped stretched my legs when I got wicked cramps on my thigh towards the end at the housing area. Overall another great insane climb bash!

Sungai Selangor Dam

I wish I had that view in my backyard - Kg. Gerachi Jaya

Re-energized myself with Redbull somewhere in the jungle

Towards the end at Kg. Kolam Air



No comments:

Post a Comment