October 14, 2013

BHP Orange Run 2013 - race report





Go minimal or go nothing at all



I don't usually enter 10k runs lately. But if I do, I make sure it's cheap! BHP Orange Run fits the bill. It was the cheapest road race in the Klang Valley with entry fees of only RM5. Plus, all the proceed from the entry fees goes to charity. You can't beat that! Next, I did what I would usually do, persuade and gather as many friends to participate in the run. I was so proud and happy when everybody showed up. I had my doubts but they proved me wrong. Nice!!! This is the 8th year of the BHP run. Just keep the fees low and I'll support it every year! Other companies who wants to do CSR running event should follow suit. Just give us the bib number. No need all those timing chips and running t-shirts. That would only add up in the entry fees. Boooo!



The run was held at The Curve, Mutiara Damansara and it took us through housing areas around the area. The women was flagged off first and followed by the men flagged off 15 minutes later. You can not ask for a better morning weather. Cool and breezy with a little touch of morning sunshine. I decided to run in my VFF which would be the shoes first event ever. My legs held up well in this run. Finished in 1:05'38". Lined up to collect the goody bags and attacked the refreshments booths of gatorade, nasi lemak, teh tarik, milo and cereal. I really took my time there, enjoyed the entertainment performances while waiting and looking for my friends. 



Going to keep it short here. There is the BSN Putrajaya Night Marathon coming up in a week time. I'll be running in the half marathon category. Looking forward for that run. Besides that, Raya Haji is just around the corner. I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my Muslim readers Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha. Drive safely for those who are driving back to their hometown. Happy holidays! =)




Chasing our own shadows with Awi




Let the drummer kick




The whole gang.
 Glad I could share the run with you guys.
 Appreciate it so much.
 Thank you for joining! =)



1 comment:

  1. BHP Run has always been fun. Glad to see less wastage (food) this time around.

    ReplyDelete