December 20, 2010

BASH#194 Lenggeng, Negri Sembilan

DATE: 28 NOVEMBER 2010

I'm riding with Uncle Johan today. Pak Mat couldn't joined us as he got a wedding ceremony to attend to. 7am sharp Uncle Jo arrived to pick me up at Pak Mat's crib and off we go! Riding Pak Mat's Schwimmer full sus bike to tackle the trails. Apparently, Uncle Jo's bike collections are growing. He's also riding a full sus bike. No more hard tails for him.

With few bash experience between us, we were determined to ride long. The pre-ride description advised riders to bring atleast 4 liters of water on this ride. So, I borrowed Pak Mat's largest hydration pack (3 liters). I'd filled the bladder up with water the night before and at the bash site, found out it was leaking and lost about half of its content.

Fortunately, the weather turned out to be pleasantly forgiving with a short rain downfall during the ride. On my last climb my tank was empty but still managed to finish strong as there were only few kilos left. We had Mc Donald's for lunch and talked about the ride all the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment